1. Why should I choose pest extermination from Action Pest Control inc.?
- All technicians are trained by a certified pest control expert on a continuing basis to make sure they are current on the latest pest control techniques and methods.
- All technicians are “professional” in appearance; with clean uniforms, pleasant professional manners, and an understanding of the importance of punctuality.
- All technicians drive clean, safe, and professional appearing vehicles.
- All technicians are certified by the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
- All technicians deliver quick response on service calls, usually within 24 hours of notification.
- Action Pest Control Inc. has over 49 years of combined experience in the pest control industry.
- We use the most up to date pest treatment methods.
- Action Pest Control Inc. is open Saturdays during the spring and summer and has a 24 hour messaging service.
2. Why should I hire a pest control professional when I can try and do it myself?
- An Action Pest Control technician not only has access to the latest and most effective professional pest control products, but also the education and knowledge to get the job done right and done safely.
- An Action Pest Control technician knows the habits, life cycles, food preferences, and harborage areas of the pests he is exterminating.
- An Action Pest Control professional can identify the many insects that exist in Western Washington, and knows that each has its own prescribed methods of control
- An Action Pest Control technician knows how to handle pest control products safely, when and where to apply them, and how much application is necessary.
- A thorough inspection by a an Action Pest Control technician can spot possible problems before they become serious and therefore limit the amount of products that need to be applied.
- An Action Pest Control technician knows many non-toxic ways of managing an insect infestation; including habitat modification, exclusion techniques, the use of growth regulators and the proper use of baits.
3. How long after the initial treatment does it take to see results?
Time of results will vary with the target insect and the pest extermination strategy employed, but for the most part results are rapid and long lasting. Your ongoing pest control service agreement will ensure that pests are not only controlled, but prevented and kept out of your home. If bugs do somehow return, so does Action Pest Control at no additional charge. Guaranteed!
4. Why are baits often used instead of sprays?
Spray products break down fairly quickly in most cases, and must be contacted by the target insect in order to be effective. However, baits work on both the bugs you see and the bugs you don’t see. In Carpenter Ant extermination, for example, ants will bring the bait back to their nest and spread it throughout the colony. This leads to a more effective and efficient pest control treatment with results you can see.
5. Why does Action Pest Control’s service focus on the outside of my home?
Outside your home is where bugs live and breed. Our service is designed to stop activity where it originates. By getting to the bugs on the outside of your home we can often prevent them from ever getting inside. This is also more convenient for you since you aren’t required to be home during the time of service. If bugs somehow return, so does Action Pest Control at no additional charge. Guaranteed!
6. How can I tell the difference between a flying ant and a termite?
There are 3 easy ways to tell flying ants and termites apart:
Termite wings are all equal in length and extend well past the abdomen. Ants have wings which are unequal in length and generally end at the tip of the abdomen.
Antennae on termites are straight and beadlike, but on ants they are elbowed.
Ants have a pinched waist, but termites have no constriction in the body and are more streamlined.
7. Why does it often take more than one treatment to kill fleas, and bed bugs?
Fleas and bed bugs have different life cycles than other targeted species. During certain phases of their life cycle they do not succumb to pest control treatments, so we have to treat them between these dormant cycles in order to exterminate them.
8. Why are some types of ants, such as Carpenter Ants and Odorous House Ants, such problematic pests?
Some types of ants are very problematic due to their prolific nature or secretive habits, but with the proper service, superior pest control can be attained. Even though these ants are challenging, Action Pest Control has a proven pest control service designed to manage and control them. Our program utilizes various products and methods to draw activity away from the home.
9. Why should I continue on an Action Pest Control maintenance program when I no longer seem to have pests?
We like to think of pest control like driving a car. If you don’t keep up the routine maintenance then the car will break down and eventually you will have problems. Pest activity is exactly the same way. Our programs are designed to give your home routine maintenance to manage your pest issues and to prevent problems before they happen. Our climate here in Western Washington allows for year-round pest activity. So when you think your pest problems are gone, it is because of the routine pest “maintenance” performed by Action Pest Control. Without that maintenance, your pest problems would come back.
10. Still have a question?
Couldn’t find an answer to your question? No problem! Our experts will address all of your concerns and questions, as well as recommend the treatment that is right for you. Contact us today.